Get Festive with Your Employee's this Summer with a Fun Office Party
Feeling nostalgic for the holiday season? Hosting a Christmas in July office party is the best way to get your festive fix with a summer twist. Christmas in July might not be an official holiday, but it’s a great way to get employees together for a wonderful party.
These decorations and recipes are your key to throwing the ultimate Christmas in July office party!
Beach Ball Christmas Tree
Get your guests reminiscing about snow between their toes with this beach ball Christmas tree! This simple DIY craft will act as a great centerpiece to your party and get party goers in the Christmas Spirit
You will need:
- One dozen 5” beach balls
- One dozen 10” beach balls
- 1 Column shaped balloon frame
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Red Twine
- Blow up all the beach balls. String together 2 sets of 4 of the largest beach balls using red twine. Use the closed valve on each beach ball to thread the twine through.
- With the column shaped balloon frame, tie one of the sets of strung beach balls and wrap them around the base. Do the same with the second set on top of the first. Make sure that each beach ball sits between the gaps on the set below.
- Repeat steps 1-2 with 2 sets of 4 of the smaller beach balls.
- Top your tree with one small beach ball and use the remaining balls to fill in the gaps.
DIY from Fun365
Drink Umbrella Wreath
You want your guests to get in the right mindset the moment they enter the party. This drink umbrella wreath is the perfect decoration for your front door or walls in your house.
You will need:
- One pack of drink umbrellas -- available at most party supply stores
- One grapevine/foam wreath
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Open all the drink umbrellas and check for any rips or tears.
- Place hot glue on the wooden stick of the umbrella.
- Start by placing the umbrellas into the wreath far apart, and slowly begin to fill in the gaps.
- For a fuller effect, use two different sizes of umbrellas.
DIY from Family Chic
These treats are perfect for all ages, and they’re super cute!
- 12 large strawberries
- 12 pineapple chunks
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- 24 mini chocolate chips
- 12 white fudge Oreos
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 12 toothpicks
- Beat cream cheese and marshmallow cream together until fluffy.
- In a decorating bag (or plastic bag with the corner cut) place marshmallow and cream cheese mixture.
- Cut each strawberry across in half.
- Place a chunk of pineapple between the strawberry halves and secure with a toothpick.
- For Santa’s beard, pipe cream cheese around the pineapple. For the eyes, press chocolate chips into the pineapple, and for the white fuzz on his hat, pipe cream cheese on top of the pineapple.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving atop white fudge Oreos.
Recipe from Food
Frozen Hot Chocolate
What’s the Christmas season without cozying up with a warm cup of hot chocolate? Great for the wintertime, but hot drinks and July don’t mix! Try out this frozen hot chocolate to keep spirits high and temperatures cool!
- ½ cup powdered milk
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups of ice
- Whipped cream
- Combine powdered milk, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt together.
- Place milk, cocoa mix, and ice in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream.
Recipe from LilLuna
Snack Smarter in the Office
No party is complete without an assortment of snacks for your guests to enjoy. But, it’s also important to stay healthy this summer holiday season! Check out SmartBox’s healthy snack alternatives perfect for keeping your employee's fueled throughout the work day.
At Smart Box, you'll have plenty of choices for snack boxes for a healthier corporate gift.